You can’t see how many sperm your body is producing, but research shows it has an effect on your state of mind and your sexual health. And studies also show sperm volume, on average, has decreased in recent decades.
The average sperm count is about 50 million cells per ejaculation – down from about 100 million 25 years ago.
Taking herbal supplements is one way to increase your sperm volume. The following have been shown to have positive effects: Arginine, Coenzyme Q10, flaxseed oil, L-carnitine, Selenium and vitamins B-12, C, E and Zinc.
Try these methods as well, to boost your sperm count:
* Keep your testicles and body temperature down.
* Exercise at least 20 minutes a day.
* Detoxify by drinking lots of water and eating fruits and vegetables.
* Eat natural, organic food.
* Meditate to relieve stress.
* Stop smoking.
* Avoid alcohol.
* Get 8 hours of sleep a night.
If you have further sexual health questions, it also never hurts to contact the Boston Medical Group.