Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
What are the Signs of Erectile Dysfunction?
While symptoms may vary, a list of common symptoms include:
How Common is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction is very common. Although most often seen in men over the age of 40, ED can affect men of all ages. According to the Massachusetts Male Aging Study, which was the largest-ever survey of male erectile dysfunction, is even more common than once thought. For example:
- 52% of all men between the ages of 40 and 70 have some degree of erectile dysfunction (classified as mild, moderate or severe).
- At least 1 in 10 men cannot get an erection at all (complete ED).
- The majority of causes of erectile dysfunction are physical in nature.
- There is a strong association between age and ED – that is, the prevalence of ED increases with age.
- While 39% of men at the age of 40 are affected by ED, 67% of men at the age of 70 are affected.