Can diet play a role in sexual dysfunction? Evidence is inconclusive. However, maintaining a healthy diet is a surefire way to improve your overall health, which certainly can’t hurt your sexual performance. In this post, we’ll focus on ways to improve your diet when eating at restaurants.
Americans love to dine out, but how can you dine out when you’re watching your diet? It’s not that difficult: Just make sure to know what you’re eating when you’re eating it.
There are several ingredients that can get in the way of your diet or help you diet, if you know what they are you can eat healthily anywhere!
Here are some tips to try and ingredients to avoid:
- Salty foods can ruin a low-sodium diet. Watch out for foods that are smoked, in broth or au jus. Avoid MSG.
- Mono unsaturated fats- found in things like olive oil, nuts and nut butters- help reduce bad cholesterols but maintain good cholesterol levels.
- Polyunsaturated fats- in fish, vegetable oils, nuts and sunflower seeds- are a great way to lower your cholesterol.
- Avoid fried foods and try for something baked, broiled or grilled.
- If you want a pizza, try thin crust with extra sauce and less cheese.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your waiter for nutritional information on the food you are looking to order- the chef will be able to provide you with all the information you need.
Your health is important and as you get older it will be harder to control. Take control now and have a healthier tomorrow. And did we mention Boston Medical Group is now on Facebook? You can find the company’s new page here.